Re: [opensuse] NFSv4 configuration
On 05/09/13 17:39, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
[SNIP]

NFSv4 export model is single directory tree, so your /srv/NFS4 becomes
just / on client.

That sorted it - mount -tnfs4 zeus:/ /mnt worked as expected... this means the documentation at http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE/opensuse-reference/cha.nfs.html is misleading/incorrect...

Note that there is no word of bind=... export option in 12.3 and in
quick testing it does not work either. I.e. you get empty directories
on client unless you bind mount them manually on server.

Yast nfs-server correctly added the relevant lines to the server's fstab to mount them under the nfs4 tree, it seems.

You should be able to just export /home/dylan, /media/sdc
and /media/sdd and mount them as in NFSv3 case. See also
http://linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/Nfsv4_configuration

Thanks, I will check it out further when I have more time

Dylan