Re: [opensuse] natting a virtual machine
On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 18:05 +0200, jdd wrote:
Hello,

It may be because I'm tired...

I try to configure a virtual server with VirtualBox.

I have the host and guest with each openSUSE 12.3

all is nice. I run the virtual server with host only network, like I
use to do on other machines. I use SuSEfirewall2 to nat the network

virtual (name is "nemo") is on internal network and not blocked
(firewall is not protectd from internal network vmnet0). It runs as
192.168.56.101 and the host as 192.168.56.1

I can ssh from one to the other, but from the guest I can't reach
internet, even with IP (I can't reach the DNS IP)

what do I forget?

Hi
I think you're natting twice. The default for vBox is NAT. For the
guest, try
Network > Adapter 1 > Attached to > Bridged adpter
HTH
L x