Re: [opensuse] ddclient error
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:09:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-08-29 at 14:04 +0800, George Olson (SUSE list) wrote:

that out.
ls -lad /etc/cron*
None of these files had any reference to ddclient
will give you a list of possible locations.

/etc/cron.d/* is where I would place it.

or maybe: grep -r ddclient /etc/cron*
sudo grep -r ddclient /etc/cron*

nothing returned
also try: crontab -l |grep ddclient
and do the same as root

crontab -l | grep ddclient
no crontab for george

You have to look at the one for root.

If it is a cron job, it is not running in any of the normal cron files.
This makes me think that ddclient is still running, even though systemd
says it is not. But that's not possible, is it? If not, what else could
be continuing to send the emails saying that it failed to update the ip
address? It says it is from root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Tribaltrekker is my
hostname on my pc.

Have a look at the entire list of processes, looking for candidates. A script can be waiting iddle for 5 minutes and run again.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.