Re: [opensuse] ddclient error
* George Olson (SUSE list) <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx> [08-28-13 20:13]:
On 08/28/2013 07:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
El 2013-08-28 a las 18:50 +0800, George Olson (SUSE list) escribió:

As you can see from the time stamps, the time that this email came was 5
hours after I turned off ddclient.service, and it has been doing this
every 10 minutes (the time I set the update frequency to earlier long
before I disabled the service). Why is it still sending these emails if
the service is no longer running?

Probably because it is a cron job, and that job does not look to check
that the service is down.

As a quick hack, find that job and comment it out. Later, recode it.

Ok, I am looking in my folders...

/etc/cron.d is empty
/etc/cron/daily has several files, but the log error is happening every
10 minutes.

Where would be the file that shows that a cron job is running as some
kind of service? I don't know which file to edit in order to comment
that out.

ls -lad /etc/cron*

will give you a list of possible locations.

or maybe: grep -r ddclient /etc/cron*

also try: crontab -l |grep ddclient
and do the same as root