Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
Bob Williams said the following on 08/27/2013 11:25 AM:
On 27/08/13 14:40, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Likewise, thunderbird does not offer to do body text searches.

I'm using Thunderbird 17.0.8 on an IMAP account and can state that it
does do body text searches of email messages.

If I put 'rsync' in the search box, a drop down appears offering

Messages mentioning rsync

Search Bing for rsync

I'm not sure when Thunderbird chose Bing as its preferred search
engine, but don't care much as 99% of the time I choose the first option.

Which search box?
There's one that appears when you click 'quick filter'.
Is that what you mean?

There's edit->find and edit->find->search messages which brings up a whole new dialog window

I don't see putting 'rsync' in any of them doing what you say.

I do see a capability in Firefox where I can search bing or google or yahoo for 'rsync'.

Could you please expand on your explanation. Are you usign a plugin?

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013