Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
Per Jessen said the following on 08/27/2013 10:37 AM:
>Likewise, thunderbird does not offer to do body text searches.
My oldish Thunderbird (2.0.0.19) one does offer that and I have been
told that version 3 will also use the server-side indexes, if present.

My current Thunderbird *17.0.8) offers quick search (aka filter meaning dynamic filter of what gets displayed) by "sender, recipients, subject body"

If I use Edit->find->Search messages
then I can choose "Body" "contains" and enter a string to search for.
This is slow. It seems to download each and every message in the scope of the other search parameters.

--
"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
-- Margaret Thatcher