Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
On 08/27/2013 06:59 AM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 08/27/2013 09:45 AM, Anton Aylward pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Carlos E. R. said the following on 08/27/2013 09:24 AM:
But then you have the issue of a filesystem with billions of small
files...

Which gets us back to the ext[234] vs {reisterFS, BtrFS} issue.
Unless someone want to demonstrate why XFS is more suitable for email
than any of those.

Because XFS was designed for a filesystem with lots of small files.

I'm certainly no expert, but I always thought that XFS was good for
huge files, reiserfs for lots of smaller files. I also ran into the maximum
partition size of reiserfs recently. Went with XFS again even with the
64-bit inode placement issue. ext4 had more storage overhead, but
was a tad faster than XFS.

Regards,
Lew