Re: [opensuse] nmbd does not start at boot in openSUSE 12.2-SOLVED
В Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:37:13 +0200
Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx> пишет:

Previously I also tried the .service scripts. I downloaded the samba src.rpm
file from
opensuse site, and extracted the nmb.service, smb.service and winbind.service
files from it. I copied these files into /etc/systemd/system directory.

This did not help. nmb did not start and even the starting of smb was
prevented/disabled.

What should I do if I wanted to start nmb through the script and not by the
boot.local?

Just like in the sysvinit case, you need to explicitly configure it to
be started during boot. Think of /etc/systemd/system as
of /etc/init.d. Having script there is not enough to make script run
on startup; you also need to link it in proper "run-level". If service
file has correct [Install] section, you can do it using "systemctl
enable nmbd.service" (similar to chkconfig nmbd on). If service file
does not have [Install] section, you can manually link it
into /etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants (or
multi-user.target.wants) so that service is started wherever you boot.
Again, this is exactly the same with sysvinit scripts lacking meta
information for chkconfig - you manually link into
respective /etc/init.d/rc?.d directory.