Re: [opensuse] Scheduled Cron Jobs in YaST
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:38:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-08-22 at 21:10 +0100, Paul Groves wrote:

John: I apologise, but if anyone knows a better email client that I can also use in OpenSUSE for hotmail I would love to know but I have tried using

Change provider. Hotmail sucks. :-|

Now it doesn't work well with thunderbird or not at all. What will they do next? Can you really trust them?

Dirk: If you must know, none of my colleagues have any experience in systems other than Windows which is why none of them can understand crontab.

There is not much to understand. Just edit the file via "crontab -e". In my files, the first line is:

# min hour day Month week_day 0=7=sunday.

which suffices to remind me of the meaning of fields. Any editor will do, doesn't need to be "vi".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.