Re: [opensuse] DHCP server, VLAN and subnets
В Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:33:47 -0400
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

I have configured my openSUSE 11.4 firewall with a VLAN interface and a
different subnet from my main one. I have configured the DHCP server
with the new address range, but for some reason I still get the main
subnet addresses assigned instead. I don't see any way to say which
interface a DHCP range applies to. Is there anyway to configure the
DHCP server so that the correct addresses are assigned on the VLAN
interface?

This should just work assuming that your VLANs are indeed physically
separate and client and server each has interface in new VLAN and DHCP
server is configured to serve it. But you did not provide any
information about network topology nor network configuration of client
and server. From your post it is not even clear where DHCP server runs,
which DHCP server it is etc.

Show and explain your network topology for a start.