Re: [opensuse] cups and init open port 631
В Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:09:04 +0200
Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:

2013/8/14 Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>:
CUPS is using socket activation under systemd, where systemd opens
socket and starts service on demand when someone connects to it. If you
do not use cups, just disable it:

systemctl disable cups.socket
systemctl stop cups.socket

Check with

systemctl status cups.socket

I use cups as local only server to print on usb and network printers.
If I disable cups.socket, then cups is no more started at boot even if
cups.service is enabled. If I do a "systemctl start cups.service",
then cups is started and it listens only on 127.0.0.1:631 and ::1:631.

So, now the question is: how can I have cups started at boot without
activating again the socket part?

ln
-s /usr/lib/systemd/system/cups.service
/etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants/

Or to restrict the sockets to accept
connections from localhost only?

cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/cups.socket /etc/systemd/system
vi /etc/systemd/system/cups.socket to your hearts' content.