Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 13:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
Mark Tinka <aknit444@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My main issue is KMail.

When I installed 12.1 and had problems with mail, I finally decided to
quit using KMail.

Comparing to Thunderbird that is happily updating and using same
configuration and mailboxes for 10 years, or more, KMail was a
problem on each new installation. Unlike Thunderbird that requires only
once to learn process how to move data and configuration directories,
and after that just apply that, KMail was changing few times this
transition process, each time requiring to learn new quirks, and each
time there was need to restore some of configuration details by hand.

That culminated with practically unsolvable problems when Akonadi and
its database was introduced in 12.1 without working tools to import old
emails. As I used KMail just because of integration with other KDE
stuff, that was enough and I looked for something that can replicate
old KMail1 behavior. There are multiple choices, and I stopped at Claws
Mail. Considering transition during new openSUSE release, it is exactly
the same as Thunderbird. Copy configuration and emails, and you can
continue using it like before. No Google search for quirks, no manual
configuration.

Obviously I use both, Claws Mail is used for openSUSE and Thunderbird
for the rest.

--
Regards, Rajko.