Re: [opensuse] No Internet access after processor upgrade
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 02:10:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2013-08-18 at 19:03 -0500, Neil Rickert wrote:

So, again in Yast network settings, I told it to delete "eth0". And
that completely solved the problem. That also deleted the default
route that I had configured through device p5p1, which was fine since
the DHCP configured route was working. It seems that the Yast "ifup"
settings are confused by a non-existent device.

Similar problem in my laptop. Eth is configured "on cable connect", but in fact it is active after booting. This confuses things, because packages that should be routed via wlan0 are not.

I have to run "rcnetwork stop eth0" after every boot, and then things work.

I can not report bug because it is running 11.4 Evergreen.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.