Re: [opensuse] KMail on 12.3
On 8/18/2013 1:54 PM, Mark Tinka wrote:
Hi all.

I'm still running openSUSE 11.4 because the last time I attempted an upgrade
to 12.1, it ended in tears where KMail2 was such a surprise, particularly how
it got so bundled with Akonadi and friends.

I ended up reverting to 11.4 and have been there since then.

However, I can't help but feel like I'm not enjoying any advances in KMail
and other applications on openSUSE, given I'm on a release that is no longer
being supported.

My main issue is KMail. Does anyone know whether the migration from KMail on
11.4 to KMail on 12.3 is now behaving? One issue I saw was some kind of
problem between how KMail and KWallet are integrated in 12.3.

Any useful feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

Mark.

I don't know, it seems to work, but then I seldom use it even though its there.

I have it configured, but, and can switch back and forth to any of several mail
programs, but
it really doesn't hold a candle to Thunderbird any more. I just can't get
excited about it.
With IMAP mail servers I can compare the same account on multiple different
email programs.
(Almost all of them wrap mail better than what ever you are using by the way).

The Kwallet and Akonadi problems seem a thing of the past, as they cause me no
current
problems even when I use Kmail.