Re: [opensuse] No Internet access after processor upgrade
  • From: rm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 14:22:48 -0500
rm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Opensuse list,

I'm using openSUSE 12.1 (64 bit); KDE 4.7.2

I just upgraded the motherboard and processor to:
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 - motherboard
AMD FX -8120 Processor
Nvidia GeForce GT 610 Graphics card

The system boots fine.

Its connected via the ethernet to a local cisco router that has internet
access.

I can log into the router at 192.168.1.1 and access all of the router
functions, so it would seem the network card, drivers, etc. are all
functioning.

For some reason, web browsers will connect to all the LAN devices
(router,
printer, scanner) but will not connect to WAN.

I disabled the firewall.

I checked the etc/resolv.conf file and it seems to be correctly writing
192.168.1.1 as the nameserver and
209.18.47.61 and 62 as the DNS entries.

any ideas are appreciated,

Can you connect to web sites using just the IP address? If not, it may
be a routing issue. Have you configured the default route?

--

I can't connect using the IP address.

I've not configured a "default route". I've gone into YAST and set the
network interface card to DHCP, but nothing else.

thanks,

Regis