Re: [opensuse] Hard disk weirdness on an ancient laptop

"Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I got an ancient laptop (Pentium IV, 0.5GiB) as a present from a friend

(you may remember the video problem I had with it, solved). It is
"running" openSUSE 12.3.

The hard disk it came with was totally useless. 20GB, full of write
errors. So I bought a new one for it - I was lucky to locate a new unit

On the paper label it may have the date of manufacture or a date code.

Does it have either?

Greg