Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird problems
On 16/08/13 13:52, Jim Sabatke wrote:
On 08/15/2013 10:55 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 16/08/13 13:18, Jim Sabatke wrote:
On 08/15/2013 03:52 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 8/15/2013 1:23 PM, Jim Sabatke wrote:
- I get "cannot connect to gmail server" errors. I have about a dozen gmail accounts active in Thunderbird and it doesn't say which
account. I do get mail from some of them, but I haven't been able to determine if it is with a certain account. Some accounts do have very
large amounts of emails in multiple folders.
That's a lot of accounts.

Click on Tools, and select ERROR Console to get a hint of what is going on.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Did that. A huge number of the same errors. Unfortunately they are long and the browser won't let you copy.

Use the Screen Capture Program (Gecko>Applications>Utilities>Desktop) to capture and save.

[pruned]

BC
I actually had thought of that and my mind was still working in the old world rules of no attachments. I guess it's pretty much safe to assume high speed internet now. Anyway, attached is the graphic of the error window.

Actually, if you need to provide a screenshot to describe a problem the best way to provide the screenshot is to upload it to a site such as-

http://susepaste.org/

and post here only the URL pointing to your upload on susepaste.

There are other sites you can use one of them being picpaste for example.

Using a site like susepaste avoids having a massive amount of data being sent to everybody on this mailing list and allows those with limited bandwidth to choose whether or not to access the data.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.0 & kernel 3.10.5-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor