Re: [opensuse] Cant rename/remove /var/tmp in 12.3?
В Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:15:38 +0200
Josef Wolf <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On Fr, Aug 02, 2013 at 10:27:25 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
The only case when rename returns EBUSY is when directory is mount
point. systemd creates private tmp directories if service has
PrivateTmp=yes:

Ugh, this seems to be hardwired to /var/tmp. No way to move it to /tmp or
something?

Actually it creates private mounts for both.

bor@opensuse:~> sudo grep /var/tmp /proc/672/mountinfo
73 44 253:1 /var/tmp/systemd-private-xztGlQ /var/tmp rw,relatime shared:56
master:1 - ext4 /dev/mapper/system-root rw,commit=600,data=ordered
bor@opensuse:~>

How comes that I don't see this in /proc/mounts? And lsof don't show it, too.

bind mounts are not shown in /proc/mounts. Partially because they are
not really mounts as such. And nothing has any file open under /var/tmp
(or rather /var/tmp/systemd-private-xxxxxxx) so it is of course not
shown by lsof.

So /var/tmp cannot be renamed because it mounted - in one of namespaces.

But when I stop haveged, I _still_ can't rename, although

grep /var/tmp /proc/*/mountinfo

don't show anything. So there must be something else.

I tend to think it is kernel bug. It works if you do it without GUI
(i.e. booting in run level 3) and testing it I managed to hard lock my
system so I stopped it at this point :)

Would be interesting if someone could test it on 13.1 (I have it in VM
but without GUI too).