Re: [opensuse] 12.3 (64bit) Hibernate problem
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:22:23 -0700
John Andersen wrote:

And all this with a swap smaller than main memory?

I inadvertently omitted having increased the swap partition to 4.1 GB
just before this test. That was why I re-sized / and /home. I apologize
for the oversight. Another thing I neglected to mention was I tested
"hibernate" without re-sizing anything after reading this thread ...
with the system still at 4 GB RAM and 2 GB swap ... and it seems to have
gone into "sleep" mode, instead. It went through motions that were
similar to "hibernate" but ultimately presented me with a graphical
login prompt instead of powering off.

regards,

Carl