Re: [opensuse] Ubuntu Forum hacked
On 23/07/13 17:39, Hans Witvliet wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Ubuntu Forum hacked
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:50:04 +1000

On 23/07/13 15:46, Basil Chupin wrote:
The Ubuntu Forum was hacked a couple of days ago-

http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html

which led to a discussion about how secure Linux actually is.

A question arises in my mind is: how vulnerable are our mailing
lists/forum(s) seeing as how openSUSE MLs are also using vBulletin (an
earlier version than the Ubuntu one, BTW). More discussion led to this
URL-

http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/

With regards to this last URL, how does openSUSE fair? I just looked
at the archive for opensuse-security mail list (and subscribed to it)
but for the month of July only see some fixes to what appear to be
apps from 'third parties'.

Is openSUSE 'watertight'? :-)

BC

Correction to the above: I meant to write "as how openSUSE forum(s) are
also using vBulletin....". Sorry about that.