[opensuse] opensuse yast mail config and ldap search for virtual users fail
  • From: Andrew Colvin <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:08:23 +0100
Over the last weekend all of my email to my domains started to bounce. I have
a set up that was created and I manage through the yast2 advance mail config.
I use LDAP GSS Cyrus Postfix and Fetchmail and I hadnt made any changes since
before the upgrade to 12.2 (still not at 12.3 as I have to summon up a lot of
courage to upgrade my server - I am such a coward)

The error I was receiving in the postfix log was
status=bouncedstatus=bounced (User unknown in virtual alias table)

Note I say was as I have now "fixed" it and this is for information.

I tracked the issue down to the /etc/postfix/ldapuser_recipient_maps.cf file
This has the following ldap search to map a virtual user to the mbox to
deliver the message to:
query_filter=(&(objectClass=suseMailRecipient)(suseMailAcceptAddress=%s)(!
(mailEnabled=no))(|(!(suseDeliveryToFolder=no))(suseMailForwardAddress=*)))

This looks inocculous and I was scratching my head until I discovered that my
openldap database (which was originally created back in 11.4 if my memory
servers me correct) does not have the attribute "mailEnabled" aginst any of my
users. However because the query string doesnt test for the existence then
this query succeeds but returns no results and hence no mail box.

I therefore amended the query string (only first part) to
remove the mailEnabled test. This has however removed my ability to disable
an mbox - not a facility I use.

I am a little concerned that each time I go into yast config it will overwrite
this so does anyone know if there has been a schema update that I have missed
and which schema this attribute is in? I'm not sure I should raise a bug as
this is likely been caused due to my having missed a schema update

Andrew