[opensuse] Expand user's encrypted home image file
Hello list!

During the initial setup of my openSUSE installation (12.2) I made sure that
my home folder was encrypted by checking the correspondent option.
So my home folder end up managed by openSUSE which created and set-up an
encrypted image file accordingly to the details here:
http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE_122/opensuse-security/cha.
security.cryptofs.html#sec.security.cryptofs.y2.homes .
I have an home folder (image file) of fixed-size which I now need to enlarge
as its free space its almost entirely depleted.

But before proceeding with the enlargement, using Yast as described here
http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE_122/opensuse-startup/cha.
y2.userman.html#sec.y2.userman.adv.crypto , I'd like to know if somebody
already had experience with similar issue and above all if somebody knows the
details of how Yast will handle the request to enlarge the image file.

Is a well know scenario in the openSUSE community with the procedure known
as bug free?

Gave the situation I'm worrying about how it will re-size the file to
accommodate the new size?
I guess by creating a new image file with the new size encrypted with the
same key, and then copying all the "old" image file contents, eventually
deleting the "old" one at the end?

If that would be the case,given than my home is quite big, it will probably
fail as the HDD will not have space required to handle the copy of the file.

Any information with analogues experiences about the procedure is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Marco