Re: [opensuse] Ubuntu Forum hacked
On 23/07/13 15:46, Basil Chupin wrote:
The Ubuntu Forum was hacked a couple of days ago-

http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html

which led to a discussion about how secure Linux actually is.

A question arises in my mind is: how vulnerable are our mailing lists/forum(s) seeing as how openSUSE MLs are also using vBulletin (an earlier version than the Ubuntu one, BTW). More discussion led to this URL-

http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/

With regards to this last URL, how does openSUSE fair? I just looked at the archive for opensuse-security mail list (and subscribed to it) but for the month of July only see some fixes to what appear to be apps from 'third parties'.

Is openSUSE 'watertight'? :-)

BC

Correction to the above: I meant to write "as how openSUSE forum(s) are also using vBulletin....". Sorry about that.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.0 & kernel 3.10.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor