Re: [opensuse] Question, re hdd size for kernel 2.6.38
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 03:32:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2013-07-20 at 21:14 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [07-20-13 21:03]:

So, do try that machine with a modern live version, it might work.

I have already ordered the 2 TB and now must be satisfied :^). But space
is inexpensive atm and one never realizes what use a machine may be put to
in the future. The 2 TB is nearly 3 times the size of the failing drive
which has been satisfactory size wise for ~5 years and undoubtedly
contains much data which may be removed w/o causing distress.

One thing is no objection for the other: try that old computer with new disk and and a more recent oS :-)

12.3 might be turned yet in to evergreen... it is a good candidate.

I am somewhat of a pack-rat and need to put things into a more realistic
light. Should have seen me when I trashed hundreds of 3.5 in floppy
disks.

Ah, me too... I still keep those 100-floppie-backup and some "iomega zips". I want to read them one day and store in HD or DVD, and see what I have in there.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.