Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.3. automount, /media
On Thursday 18 July 2013, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Wednesday, 2013-07-17 at 22:50 +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Since I've upraded to 12.3 I don't understand the automounting
logic anymore. Some external medias are mounted in /media and some
in /var/run/user/$USER.

I want to have automount independent from any particular user.
Usually there are none, one or many users logged in and it's not
clear who has insterted the media and who wants to do use it.

in "/etc/udev/rules.d/99-correct-media-mount-point.rules" write:
ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem|other|crypto",
ENV{UDISKS_FILESYSTEM_SHARED}="1"
then run

udevadm control --reload

OK, this works. This rule is only needed when using udisks2. It's really
strange that we have udisks 1 and 2 running in parallel. It's a race
whether udisks 1 or 2 gets a media mounted first.

And how can set the permissions which should be used?

I've got it working now. The easiest way is to not use udisks at all.
Just mount medias directly with udev rules before udisks is able to do
something strange.
For now I am using quick and dirty this rule
https://wiki.archlinux.de/title/Udev#Unter_.2Fmedia_einbinden.3B_Partitions_Label_verwenden_falls_vorhanden.3B_erlaubt_Benutzer_aush.C3.A4ngen.3B_ntfs-3g

It's still not perfect but seems to do what I want already.

cu,
Rudi