Re: [opensuse] Hopefully, a non-biased question.....................
On 17/07/13 13:08, Duaine Hechler wrote:
I am currently working with a guy that is interested in switching to Linux from Winbloze.

Since most of my experience is with KDE, I thought I would suggest openSUSE or Mint (with KDE).

For a new user, what would be the "better" and/or more "stable" distro ?

TIA, Duaine

For my money I would suggest openSUSE if for no other reason than YOU are using it and therefore can readily help him with any problem he may encounter during the 'learning' curve while he is weaned off M$. You both will be "talking the same language", so to speak, when he wants to know something.

He will also have a massive amount of knowledge in this mail list to fall back on for any help (I have seen some of the other distro mail lists and none compare to this one).

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.10.5 & kernel 3.10.1-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor