Re: [opensuse] Question about the kernels for openSUSE
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 06:45:10PM +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 14/07/13 17:08, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 07/14/2013 01:51 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 11/07/13 19:05, Carl Fletcher wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 06:45:17 +0100, Basil Chupin
<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could anyone please answer this one for me: are the kernels available
in, say, the .../Kernel:/stable/standard repository specifically
written to be used ONLY in openSUSE or can they be used in any other
Linux distro?

BC

They are for openSUSE

Now this has me all confu-sed :-) . One says for all, one says only for
oS :-) . Do we take this to a vote?8-) .

Now I am gonna confuse you more ;P ..Seriously, do not use openSUSE kernel
packages in other distributions.

OK :-) .

But isn't the kernel, the main stay of Linux, supposed to be "universal"
and what someone adds to it is available to all?

The kernel might work, however all the scripts we have in the rpm will
not easily hook into other distributions.

Ciao, Marcus