Re: [opensuse] Problem mounting nfs partition on 12.3
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:26:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-07-11 at 13:59 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

I stopped reading here. IIRC, fsid numbers have to be different for each
filesystem. I'm no expert on it but I remember it from a previous forum
discussion.

But it is the same filesystem, and as proved later, that is not the problem.

If that doesn't fix it, I also note

telcontar.valinor:/data/storage_c/repositorios_zypp
/var/cache/zypp/nfs_packages nfs4 defaults 0 0

I would make sure that nfs4 is not used and nfs3 is explicitly used
everywhere. If that fixes it, you could try using nfs4 everywhere or
just somewhere and play around until you understand what breaks.

nfs3 is not accepted as valid syntax when I tried.

Notice that:

Server import entry - was not working:

localhost:/data/storage_c/repositorios_zypp/ /mnt/nfs/tmp nfs defaults 0 0

vmplayer guest; fstab entry - was working:

telcontar.valinor:/data/storage_c/repositorios_zypp
/var/cache/zypp/nfs_packages nfs4 defaults 0 0

Notice that the machine that was not working, localhost, was not working because it wanted to use IPv6, and ::1 was not listed in the exports file - - so version 4 versus version 3 is not the problem, so far.

The machine that now is not working, my laptop (details on another post) fails because the server does not even listen to the conection attempt, there is no network response packet.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.