Re: [opensuse] fldigi with SuSE 12.3
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:13:48 +0930
On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:16:16 Damon Register wrote:
Earlier this week I installed fldigi on my PC that is running SuSE 12.3.
It seems to work ok in the root account but when I try to run under a
regular user account, a window opens briefly and then the program closes.
I tried starting by typing fldigi in a terminal window to see if I could
get any meaningful messages about the failure. I don't remember the exact
message but it appears that it is a permission problem with the sound card.

Does anyone have experience with fldigi and how to get the correct sound
card permission?

Damon Register

Damon,

Is your user a member of the Audio group?