Re: [opensuse] Kernel 3.0.74-40.1 subsequently re-offered for update via Evergreen
  • From: "Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:32:27 +0200
Am Fri, 05 Jul 2013 09:59:47 +0200
schrieb DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxx>:

On 07/04/2013 10:07 PM, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
But immediately after the update the packages are re-offered.
This is an endless loop. Things are identical with kpackagekit.

Is this a known issue?

i have not seen it in my 11.4 (and not seen any other post the
problem)..

What can I do to tell Yast/kpackagekit that the
kernel needs no update any more?

not sure if it will help--i doubt it could hurt (but read my sig
caveat before, anyway)--do these in order in a root terminal/console:

zypper clean --all
rpmdb --rebuilddb
zypper refresh -fdb

they might take a while...don't interrupt...when done then run YaST
Online Update (YOU) again and see if the problem is gone..

by the way, i found kpackagekit pretty flaky in 11.4 and disabled it
and use YOU occasionally (as often as you wanna) instead..(later
updates to packagekit may have solved those probs...have not tested)

alternatively "zypper patch" does all that YOU does, and "zypper up"
does all that kpackagekit did, but better (imo...ymmv)

dd
http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat

Thank you for your quick reply. I've just issued your proposed three
commands and currently both YaST and kpackagekit seem to be happy -
besides me :-).

I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Regards,
Peter