[opensuse] Kernel 3.0.74-40.1 subsequently re-offered for update via Evergreen
  • From: "Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:07:18 +0200
I am running openSUSE 11.4 and using Evergreen to keep my system up to
date. Evergreen online update is running fine so far - thanks to the
maintainers of this service. It is valuable for me, because I want to
run rock stable 11.4 for some more time - it is tweaked a lot to my
personal needs.

However, I am having a strange issue after updating to kernel
3.0.74-40.1: Immediately after updating the packages

- kernel-desktop-base-3.0.74-40.1.x86_64
- kernel-source-3.0.74-40.1.x86_64
- kernel-desktop-3.0.74-40.1.x86_64
- kernel-desktop-devel-3.0.74-40.1.x86_64

via Yast, the packages are re-offered for update. When initiating the
update now, yast dectects all packages already beeing up to date and
finishes. But immediately after the update the packages are re-offered.
This is an endless loop. Things are identical with kpackagekit.

Is this a known issue? What can I do to tell Yast/kpackagekit that the
kernel needs no update any more?

Maybe I should mention that I am mostly running Vanilla kernel 3.2.36
while kernel 3.0.74 is a fallback solution only for me.

Regards,
Peter