Re: [opensuse] IPv6 - do you use SLAAC or DHCP ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:52:25 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
but the only truly dynamic
devices I have are phones and pads etc.

Even my Android smart phone and tablet use both SLAAC & random
addresses.

Yes, I figure that's what I'll be doing as well.

Hmmm, I guess running both SLAAC and DHCP isn't that easy. Once I
started the RA daemon on the main router/firewall, every box on the
network got a global IPv6 address. I guess I have to configure them
individually to use DHCP. In fact, I don't want any automatic IPv6
assignment for existing boxes - this would mean IPv6 traffic where none
existed before, I can think of scripts and apps that may very well
choke on that.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.3°C)