[opensuse] external router problem
Hello:

I would like to connect to the network from my openSUSE 12.1 system using a
Pirelli DRG A225G router. According to the router's manual I should configure
the DSL connection by configuring the router through its web interface. The web
interface should be accessible from a browser at the 192.168.1.254 IP address.

Unfortunately I don't have a clue how I can access the router. I have connected
the router's LAN1 connection to the computer's network card connection by an
ethernet cable. I connected the DSL/phone cable to the router's DSL connection.
On the router the following lights are lighting in green: POWER, LAN1, WLAN,
DSL, INTERNET. But I can not access the router from a web browser:
http://192.168.1.254/ does not connect to anything. Pinging 192.168.1.254
gives "connect: Network is unreachable" message, even if I turn off the
firewall.

How to configure an external router in opensuse? How could I make this
connection work? I tried to google but could not find any relevant information.
Furthermore as I can access the net only through a voice modem currently, I can
not do extensive queries.

Thanks in advance,