Re: [opensuse] Is this a Firefox bug?
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:23:19 -0400
Anton Aylward wrote:
<snipped>
I'm not sure about 'rollback' without rolling back all of xorg.

Yeah, that's a hassle just for 'process of elimination' testing.

I did try putting 'nv' in 50-device but that errored saying

[ 39.635] (EE) NV: The PCI device 0x10de03d1 (GeForce 6100 nForce
405) at 00@00:13:0 has a kernel module claiming it.
[ 39.635] (EE) NV: This driver cannot operate until it has been
unloaded.

I ran lsmod and the nouveau driver was there dealing with various
other things. I'm not sure how. Nothing in /etc except this

::::::::::::::
modprobe.d/50-nvidia.conf
::::::::::::::
options nvidia NVreg_DeviceFileUID=0 NVreg_DeviceFileGID=33
NVreg_DeviceFileMode=0660

So I'm trying "nouveau" in the xorg.conf.d/50-device

Good luck on this!

I have other machines here; this is the only one doing this; this is
the only one with a nvidia.

Point taken.

I've had thermal shutdown on other machines and it says so at the
time and appears in the logs. This isn't thermal shutdown.

Of course this was conjecture, but I was thinking more along the lines
of marginal, even damaged hardware that might pass POST when switched
on and operate properly while cool(er) but not follow built-in
protocols above some threshold temperature, hence the reference to
diagnostic / stress testing at the hardware level.

Again, good luck!

Carl