Re: [opensuse] How should one make /media a tmpfs under 12.3?
  • From: Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:10:06 +0400

On Friday, 2013-06-28 at 06:50 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:45:34 +0200 (CEST) "Carlos E. R." <> пишет:

But it does not work, because something creates that directory

Err ... from man tmpfiles.d(5)

Create a directory if it doesn't exist yet

Carlos, do you have some strong reasons to *not* read systemd related
manual pages? :)

Do you have a strong reason not to understand what I write? READ what I say,
not what you THINK I say.

I know that 'd' creates a directory. But it is not doing it!!!

You say that /media directory re-appears every time on reboot after
you delete it. I'd say, 'd' is doing it just fine :)

WHO is creating that REAL directory, that is my question?

systemd-tmpfiles following instructions you gave it.

WHY is my d.... line not working?

May be if you explain what you expect from this line, it would be easier.

The d... line does not work because the /media directory exists already,
matching what the manual page says. IT EXISTS ALREADY.

HOW DO I AVOID IT EXISTING?!

Remove your 'd' line from tmpfiles?