Re: [opensuse] ssh tunnel not working as desired. Bug? [WAS Re: What does this mean in netstat -an output. Is it IPv6 related?]
В Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:30:50 -0400
Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:

I may need to open a new thread, but I atleast understand my problem now:

From a opensuse 12.2 machine I can initiate 2 ssh tunnels:

For the first one I call
/usr/bin/autossh iac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -i /root/id_rsa_iac
-p 22 -ynNT -R 33333:localhost:22 -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes -o
ServerAliveInterval=60 -o ServerAliveCountMax=3
which invokes:
/usr/bin/ssh -i /root/id_rsa_iac -p 22 -ynNT -R 33333:localhost:22 -o
ExitOnForwardFailure=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=60 -o
ServerAliveCountMax=3

The remote host www.intelligentavatar is running centOS 6.3 and the
above properly causes a port 33333 listen on 0:0:0:0 for IPv4.

For the second one I call

/usr/bin/autossh iac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -i
/home/iac/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -ynNT -R 33333:localhost:22 -o
ExitOnForwardFailure=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=60 -o
ServerAliveCountMax=3
which invokes:
/usr/bin/ssh -i /home/iac/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -ynNT -R
33333:localhost:22 -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes -o
ServerAliveInterval=60 -o ServerAliveInterval=60 -o
ServerAliveCountMax=3

(I have 2 different private keys in 2 different places which is why
the lines don't line up well.)

For the second tunnel, the remote host is a openSUSE 13.3 machine
recently installed and with all security patches in place.

On that tunnel, the remote host is ONLY opening port 33333 for local
host use, both IPv4 and IPv6 local host.

I'm pretty sure it is not a key issue because the tunnels are being
eststablished for both. It is just that when openSUSE 12.3 is the
remote end, I have to be on that server to use the tunnel. Not really
what I want / need, and I don't understand why the difference.

Is there a bug in opneSUSE 12.3?

Check description of GatewayPorts in sshd_config(5). It is probably set
explicitly in your first system. Default for sshd is to bind to
localhost only.