Re: [opensuse] btrfs fsck at boot??
Greg Freemyer said the following on 06/27/2013 10:59 AM:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The following packages are going to be downgraded:
ca-certificates-mozilla ffmpeg gdb gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad
gstreamer-0_10-plugins-farstream gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly
kde4-kgreeter-plugins kdebase4-workspace
kdebase4-workspace-debuginfo kdebase4-workspace-ksysguardd
kdebase4-workspace-liboxygenstyle kdebase4-workspace-plasma-calendar
kdelibs4 kdelibs4-core kdm kdm-branding-upstream
ksshaskpass kwebkitpart kwebkitpart-debuginfo kwebkitpart-lang kwin
liba52-0 libalkimia4 libavcodec54 libavdevice54 libavfilter3 libavformat54
libavutil51 libdca0 libexif12
libfaac0 libfaad2 libfarstream-0_1-0 libfreebl3 libHUpnp1 libjpeg8 libkde4
libkde4-debuginfo libkdecore4 libkgapi0 libksuseinstall1 libkvkontakte1
libmad0 libmp3lame0
libmpeg2-0 libmpeg2convert0 libopencore-amrnb0 libopencore-amrwb0
libopenssl1_0_0 libopus0 libpostproc52 libqoauth1 libQtSolutions_SOAP-2_7-1
libraw5
libreoffice-templates-presentation-layouts libsoftokn3 libswresample0
libswscale2 libtwolame0 libupnp6 libvlc5 libvlccore5 libvpx1 libx264-125
libxvidcore4 MozillaFirefox
mozilla-kde4-integration nepomuk-core openssl plasma-addons
plasma-addons-lancelot plasmoid-quickaccess polkit-kde-agent-1
polkit-kde-kcmmodules-1 python-kdebase4
python-simplejson ristretto ristretto-lang rubygem-rack-1_1 rubygem-rdoc
smartmontools twolame vlc vlc-codecs vlc-noX vlc-qt xfce4-mixer
xfce4-mixer-lang
xfce4-panel-plugin-mixer xine-ui xorg-x11-Xvnc

Why oh why oh why jsut converting from 12.2 to 12.3 and I regressing in the
same KDE and other stuff?

When I did the same as you with a recent factory milestone, I noticed
the same "problem".

I used zypper se -s <package-of-interest> to see what my current
versions were and what the downgrade was.

I did actually find a couple packages that were a true downgrade, the
rest were "point" release downgrades, where the "point" release was
not part of the upstream version number, but were a add-on suffix
created by OBS (opensuse build service). The OBS point release is not
well controlled between the various repos, so doesn't mean much that
there is a small drop in that point release number. You definitely
want the versions from the 12.3 repos.

Greg

I follow your rasoning, but when I
zypper dup --from "KDE:Release:410"

I get this

The following packages are going to change vendor:
branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
grub2-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
kdebase4-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
kdebase4-runtime-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
kdelibs4-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
ksplash-qml-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
ksplashx-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
plymouth-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
susegreeter-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
wallpaper-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
yast2-qt-branding-openSUSE openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE

What you say makes me think it should be the other way round.