Re: {MCP?} Re: [opensuse] How Much Swap?
James Knott wrote:
Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 06/26/2013 10:17 AM, James Knott wrote:
BTW, not too long ago, it was the policy of the Texas Republicans to
oppose critical thinking in the school system. Keep 'em dumb and
controllable.
Cites please? Not that I'm saying you're wrong, James, I'd just
like to see the context.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/texas-gop-rejects-critical-thinking-skills-really/2012/07/08/gJQAHNpFXW_blog.html

Here's a good one from that article:

"Controversial Theories – We support objective teaching and equal
treatment of all sides of scientific theories. We believe theories such
as life origins and environmental change should be taught as
challengeable scientific theories subject to change as new data is
produced."

There are still a lot of creations running around. As an example, look
at what happened in Dover, Penn.
pedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_School_District

Also, many on the right refuse to accept the risk of global warming
issues, calling the virtually 100% recognition of the problem by
scientists "controversial".

This is the kind of nonsense that's becoming popular these days. In the
past, it was done by the church (and still is), now the right wing
politicians. What's worse is the fundamentalists who welcome the coming
climate problems as part of the Armageddon.