[opensuse] Problem with the latest Chromium 27.0.1425.0 on openSUSE 12.3?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 11:40:10 +0200
I recently updated to the latest Chromium 27.0.1425.0-1.1.1 from the
openSUSE 12.3 OSS repo, and am having some issues with it now.

The previous version worked perfectly. This release though is
constantly giving me the "Aw Snap" error - especially on pages like
Google+, the new Google Maps etc. Anything that is using some of the
newer wizardry to dynamically update page content is especially bad.

I've removed my profile forcing Chromium to generate a clean/new
profile and nothing changed also disabled/removed all extensions -
still getting Aw Snap all the time.

Another problem is periodically it will not play streaming content...
example, YouTube. The page will load, the video will play for 5 or 10
seconds and then stop. I can push it along by clicking a little ahead
of where it's stopped or a little behind, and it'll play again for
about 10 seconds and stop. Restart the browser and sometimes it'll
work right...

This is all new for me with the 27.0.1425.0 release. Is anyone else
(who uses Chromium) seeing this? Any ideas on how to track down what
might be broken?

openSUSE 12.3 x86_64, KDE 4.10