Re: [opensuse] default root password
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 03:20:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-06-20 at 17:35 -0700, John Andersen wrote:
On 6/20/2013 3:36 PM, Peter wrote:
Just for others' information, it seems that the OP succeeded with 'linux' as I
suggested, but I just noticed their reply was to me rather
than to the list where it was probably intended. I made the same mistake myself
earlier in the week. At least where I am I can blame the heat.

A scary choice. How many insecure installations are there out there with linux
as the default password?

Whatever the default password is for any system has the same risk, they are publicly known. It doesn't matter how complex they are.

Default passwords have to be changed at the first chance.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.