[opensuse] Re: Any chance of convincing Gimp to consider a .png as a valid saved image?
On Wed 19 Jun 2013 11:56:36 PM CDT, Doug wrote:

On 06/19/2013 11:08 PM, Malcolm wrote:
On Wed 19 Jun 2013 10:44:40 PM CDT, Doug wrote:

On 06/19/2013 10:05 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2013-06-20 03:38, Doug wrote:
On 06/19/2013 07:31 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I followed the directions exactly, and I now have an executable
file in /plug-ins that reads about like the one posted. But when I
opened a .png file in GIMP, and then went to save it, it only
wanted to save in .xcf format, whether I selected save or save as.
I must be missing something. What now, please?

It is not save, nor export. It is a new menu entry, "save/export
clean".

I do not have that entry. I only have save, save as, save a copy,
and overwrite filename.png.
\--doug

Hi
Sure you grabbed the right file.... as in the python script? It works
here as described.

I downloaded the file from one of the original messages as it appeared
in my browser, and placed it in Kate with the filename
gimp_plug-in_file and I did a diff between that and the
save-export-clean.py file that I downloaded iaw the directions, as I
said. diff reports that the files are identical. I also restarted the
computer from a warm start and rebooted the system and tried the whole
thing again. No change.

--doug

Hi
OK, if you open a terminal and start gimp from there, any error
messages appearing?

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) Kernel 3.7.10-1.11-desktop