Re: [opensuse] Re: Any chance of convincing Gimp to consider a .png as a valid saved image?
On 06/19/2013 11:08 PM, Malcolm wrote:
On Wed 19 Jun 2013 10:44:40 PM CDT, Doug wrote:

On 06/19/2013 10:05 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2013-06-20 03:38, Doug wrote:
On 06/19/2013 07:31 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I followed the directions exactly, and I now have an executable
file in /plug-ins that reads about like the one posted. But when I
opened a .png file in GIMP, and then went to save it, it only
wanted to save in .xcf format, whether I selected save or save as.
I must be missing something. What now, please?

It is not save, nor export. It is a new menu entry, "save/export
clean".

I do not have that entry. I only have save, save as, save a copy, and
overwrite filename.png.
\--doug

Hi
Sure you grabbed the right file.... as in the python script? It works
here as described.

I downloaded the file from one of the original messages as it appeared in my browser, and placed it in Kate with the filename gimp_plug-in_file
and I did a diff between that and the save-export-clean.py file that
I downloaded iaw the directions, as I said. diff reports that the files
are identical. I also restarted the computer from a warm start and rebooted the system and tried the whole thing again. No change.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M.Greeley