Re: [opensuse] intel HD Graphics 4600 and such
El 19/06/13 05:42, Roger Oberholtzer escribió:
We are putting together some new systems that should run openSUSE 12.1
and newer. (EOL on 12.1 I know...) Typically we have used Nvidia
graphics cards. ATI are not popular here. Many of the systems we are
considering use intel CPUs that include graphics hardware. Such as intel
HD Graphics 4600 (on the intel Core i7 4770).

So we thought we should investigate the status of this hardware. I
started with http://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Video but that is very much out
of date. Perhaps there is a better place with this information?

Intel does opensource drivers before even printing the silicon (they really know how to do this to the point of scary I might add) haswell integrated gpu support was merged over a year ago.. any recentish kernel will do just fine.