Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
Per Jessen said the following on 06/19/2013 04:00 AM:
I don't think you understand my point. The new naming scheme will
introduce far more and far greater problems than what the current
scheme currently does. I am only proposing we give the user (for whom
we are doing all this work, right?) the_choice_ of keeping "maybe some
minor issues" vs. introducing "lots of big issues and effort".

But you *HAVE* that option.

Go to
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
and scroll down to the section titled
"I don't like this, how do I disable this?"

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013