Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 03:41:24AM -0400, Brian K. White wrote:
On 6/19/2013 3:03 AM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Dr. Werner Fink <werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Using net0, net1, etc. It is even easier to pronounce than eth :)

Hmmm ... I'm aware that systemd/udev upstream tend to break with
traditions but IMHO net<number> isn't very helpful in the daily work
of an system admin ... eth<number> show me more than net<number> ...

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet ...

/home/werner> ifconfig | awk '/^[a-z]/ {print $1}'
br0
br1
dsl0
eth0
eth1
lo
tun0

now if this becomes net0 upto net6

is it complete sentence?

This message wasn't clear to you, yet we are to value your opinions
on things? Careful there ;)

Then as a clear message: I want to see on the first sight which device
are listed and this includes a short and catchy but unique name/number
scheme anything else is not not sweet but b*llsh*t ;)

Werner