Re: [opensuse] google earth dependencies missing
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:19:41 +0200
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM, lynn wrote:
On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 14:42 -0700, John Andersen wrote:
On 6/18/2013 2:08 PM, lynn wrote:
Could you confirm that my explanation of where the (1) comes from is
correct?

My god, can't you confirm that yourself? Is this your first go around with
computers?

I tried copying a file to a folder containing a file with the same name.
It doesn't behave like this. It would be nice to get confirmation that
this was what was supposed to happen. I can't believe the dolphin
behaves differently depending whether you are a Chromium or a person. I
would much rather consistency.

That's Chromium doing that (appending a number to the downloaded file
name), not Dolphin - the behaviour is identical with Chrome on
Windows, and behaviour has been there as a part of Chrome/Chromium for
years.

Dolphin and Chrome/Chromium have nothing to do with each other other
when placing a file onto your hard drives. So.. yes, when you are
using KDE and Dolphin and moving/copying a file around, you will have
different behaviour than you get when downloading a duplicate file in
Chrome. Same thing happens in Windows, OSX, Solaris, BDS etc etc etc.

C.
--
openSUSE 12.3 x86_64, KDE 4.10