Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
El 18/06/13 15:55, Per Jessen escribió:

Speaking professionally, we have some 50+ openSUSE systems spanning 10.2
to 12.2. They are all SNMP monitored, locally and externally. The
change of network device naming introduced by systemd (yes, this IS a
systemd issue),

No it is not, it is a change in udev, systemd does nothing with network interfaces.

I am hoping the openSUSE comm^H^H^H^H do-ocracy will see
sense and at least retain the ability to rename devices automagically
as we are used to. Maybe we can take over some stuff from upstream
SLES.

The old code is gone from udev, because it did not work correctly, if you think you have a better idea, talk to Kay and Greg KH in the systemd-devel mailing list, they will explain to you why your are wrong ;P