Re: [opensuse] google earth dependencies missing
Hallo John, op 18-06-13 20:33 schreef je:
On 6/18/2013 10:41 AM, Harrie Baken wrote:
Hallo ellanios82, op 18-06-13 19:19 schreef je:
- fortunately google earth working ok today : the repository used
was : http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/rpm/stable/i386

Are you sure? curl -A harX -I
http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/rpm/stable/i386 HTTP/1.1 404 Not
Found [...] Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:39:38 GMT

What he said is probably right (for the 386 branch).

Yes, indeed. For x86_64 too.

Its Google pulling tricks again.

When you download Earth from their web page, and choose the
installation appropriate for your distro, it will add its repository
to your list of repositories so that updates can be applied. (you
have to add Google's signing key as well).

However looking at those repositories with a browser always shows a
404. Yet updates will appear as google updates the repository.

Yes, a very unhelpful 404-page. Google's web developers should read the
stuff of their colleagues:
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=93641

You can manually add the url as a repository if you want but its
probably not the one you would want on a 64 bit platform.

I should have had a look in Yast first. I saw that for 'my' Google Earth
http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/rpm/stable/x86_64 is enabled.

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken
Copy-editing - proofreading - seo