Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:21:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday, 2013-06-18 at 13:39 -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
Carlos E. R. said the following on 06/18/2013 01:01 PM:

Mmm.

The messages I got that both nm and ifup were starting came from systemd >:-)

Indeed.
And xinetd of old had zero control over how cups, rsync, vnc, ftp, ssh and others work ...

But they are all started by the xinet daemon. The daemon was a dispatcher.

Similarly systemd serves as a dispatcher and starts up named and many others. That's all it can do - how they work "internally" has nothing to do with systemd.

The decission to start simultaneously two mutually exclusive services is not mine, it is from the system, and implemented by systemd. When I found out, I had to manually tell systemd to disable one of the two.

The services themselves are inoccent of something else telling them to run, even if that decission is wrong. And it was systemd who told them to start.

Ergo... >;-P

You may argue who told systemd to start those two services simultaneously. Well, that was the installation system from the openSUSE DVD. Ergo, SUSE >:-P

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.