Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
2013. június 18. 10:30 napon Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

On 06/18/2013 03:12 AM, Per Jessen wrote:

Yes, the packages are still present, but I believe other bits have been
removed or have stopped working.

Correct, the underlying base structure is no longer there and many, many
important or rather say critical packages will no longer work at all.

Thank you all.
The reason I asked this because in openSUSE 12.1 I had (still have) boot
problems.
First I thought it was systemd's fault but I switched to sysvinit and it did
not help.
This problem is dual:
1. The network is occasionally not started. At some boot it is started, at
other boots it is not
set up and gives error message. Generally it is not big deal, since I can start
it from
my desktop using kinternet. But is may inhibit logins from other sites if
someone doesn't start
it manually by logging in, and it should not happen. And it never happened in
previous versions.
2. Samba nmb demon occasionally dies or not started at boot. nmb daemon is
necessary for
printing from my virtual machine. If it is not started the user can not print
from it. I can start nmb
manually, but other users can not. So this is a serious problem too. This never
happened in previous
SUSE version either.

Why I involved systemd when the problem occurs with sysvinit as well?
I suspect that the changing of the whole boot process may have resulted the
bugs.
The boot does not work well because it was not adjusted correctly to systemd,
and the same
time it does not work with sysvinit either due to the changes.

Cheers,

Istvan